Tuesday 6 February 2007

My Raw Garden

When I was sixteen my parents decided to pave the back garden instead of having a lawn. I pleaded with them not to, but we ended up with a dull grey yard instead of a flourishing green garden.

In September last year I bought my own house. I was determined not to make the same mistake. However life took over and the garden is in the same state as it was five months ago.

My boyfriend bought me a gardening magazine for Christmas, my inspiration came back and I made it my New Year's Resolution to turn the garden around for the better. I've since bought a greenhouse, read books and sought advice.

I'll mainly be growing veg as I'd love to produce some of my own food and I guess I find it more interesting than growing flowers. I might plant some wild flowers though, as I their colours and haphazardness are captivating.

This is a video I made of my raw garden. Hopefully it will become something beautiful and productive.

No comments: